Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stampin' Up! party at Kim's place

I had a great time tonight over at Kim's place for a SU party. Got to drool over the new catty and play with some new stamp sets. Got to get together with the girls and carry on and have some great snacks, too. A wonderful night! :)

This is the first card that we made using the Baroque Motifs stamp set. OMG, I love this set! I'm still not thrilled with heat embossing, mostly cause I suck at it, but practice makes perfect, I guess. I like the different elements to the card, a lot though. I thought the oval around the 'kind' was neat. We punched a small oval first, then a large oval over top which gave us just the oval frame that we put over the word. That's the first time I'd done that. Never thought to do that before. Another technique that I'd never done before was using the heat tool on the sheer ribbon and making it curl up like this. It makes the ribbon kinda crinkly. Very cool! We fed the ribbon through double rectangle punch holes and tied a knot. The colours used in this card were Blush Blossom and one of the new 'In Colours' Blue Bayou.
This is the second card that we did using the Pick a Petal set. Love this one, too! However, I'm now covered with glitter from head to toe...something else that I don't play with often, I guess I'm rather prissy but I don't like getting dirty or making a mess around my work space! lol :) We freehanded the stem, not overly happy with the curve of my stem, but I like the card. Such a cute set to play with. We punched the flower centre using a 3/4" circle punch and glue it to the flower petals that we also glue together. Then just trimmed off the extra on the top. And freehand doodled the border around the flower. The words 'warm wishes' is from the set 'Hugs & Wishes.' The colours used in this card were 2 more of the new 'In Colours,' River Rock and Groovy Guava. Great colour combos.Well, gotta call it a day, thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

These are awesome cards, Julie! Love the doodlin' too. :0)

Diane said...

Nice!!! Great cards!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oooo... I love the sparkles.
:-)