Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Catherine!



This is a card that I made for my friend, Catherine. Her birthday was on Wednesday, but I couldn't meet up with her until today so I waited to post it until now.

My friend, Val, gave me some die cuts a while back that she cut from an old children's boardbook.   The colours are unique to each one from the designs on the story book page.  A neat way to use old books that might have been damages.  I think I still have a few books that were chewed by my little teethers a while back, so I might have to try this.   The glossy page that Val used made an especially pretty embellishment, though.  Thanks again for sharing these with me, Val!  :)

Thanks for stoppin' by!  :)







Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Birthday - All Kinds of Happy Collection (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: Lime Green (CRS), Pumpkin and Milk Chocolate (Creative Memories), Light Blue and Aqua (The Paper Company), Flat White (Staples)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Tools: Lattice Arch Punch (Martha Stewart), Circle Custom Cutting System (Creative Memories), Ornamental Die (Cuttlebug)
 
Embellishments: White Pearls (Dollarama)

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

What an interesting idea for old books.

Diana Jiron Graff said...

Happy Birthday to Catherine too!!!!
I love the card that you made for her! even when you are feeling sick you still think of others, you are a true friend Julie ;)