Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day, Jim!

 
This is the Valentine's Day card that I made for my hubby, Jim. I recently got this stamp and I love it, especially the "Kiss Me You Fool" sentiment, Jim will get a kick out of that, I'm sure!  :)

I just wish I had an easier time taking a picture of it, though. Because of the photostamp, after several attempts with different camera settings and in different lighting, I still couldn't get a good picture.  So, I opted to just use my scanner instead. Arg...I need to take a photography course! lol :)

This is a little container of yummy goodness for Jim for Valentine's Day.   Chocolate covered cashews and chocolate covered cherries.  Afterall, what's Valentine's Day, without a little chocolate! 

Thanks for stoppin' by!  :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Kiss Me You Fool - Photostamp (Inkadinkado), Sweet heart (Studio G), of mine (Impression Obsession)
Cardstock: China Red Linen (CRS), Chocolate Brown (CRS), Sky Blue (The Paper Company), Glossy White (CRS)

Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Vintage Sepia (VersaFine)
Tools: Sponge (SU), Cuttlebug, Textile Texture Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
Embellishments: Jumbo Chocolate Brads (Dollarama)

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Great card, Julie. I am sure that he loved it and the yummies too! :0)

Allison Rankin said...

This is so lovely and unique. Love it with the sponging and vintage image!

Nancy said...

I have pretty good success photographing my cards with my point and shoot with a few things in mind

1. As much natural light as possible... I prefer to take photos outside and if I can't, it's in my sunniest window
2. Use the MACRO setting on your camera (looks like a tulip)
3. Don't use a flash