Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mum!

 
This is a card that I made for my Mum's upcoming birthday. She likes mauve and soft, pastel colours so I went with something in muted colours, but still cheery.

I was in Winners a while back and I found a set of cardstock/vellum invitations that you could print out yourself that came with envelopes...for only $2 for 15!  So, yeah I had to buy them!  lol  :)  I just added the matted squares and the butterflies and embossed the bottoms to jazz it up a bit.  I think she'll like it.

Here's a different angle to show you the dimension of the butterflies and the two sets of embossed score lines that you hardly see in the picture above.

The butterflies came from my friend, Val.   She decided to fuel my butterfly addiction and gave me a bunch of diecut butterflies cut from some gorgeous heavyweight patterned papers.  I finally got around to using some of them.  Thanks again so much, Val!  :)

Oh, on a recycling note, can you see the mauve square mattes for the butterflies?   You'll laugh when you hear where this paper is from!  My friends, Val and Kim brought me a gorgeous plant the other day and this mauve paper is what the plant was wrapped in!  I loved the colour of it, and wanted to use it for my Mum's card!  Funny, eh?  Thought you'd all get a kick out of that!  lol  :)

Thanks for stoppin' by!  :)

2 comments:

Deborah March said...

LOVELY Julie!

Corie said...

So beautiful -- love your butterflies!!