Thursday, February 14, 2008

Altered Treasure Boxes

I've got a busy day planned tomorrow...or today, now I guess! lol :) Anyway, I probably won't have a chance to post them later so here goes. This is gonna be a fairly quick post since it's way past my bedtime, but I just wanted to show you the altered recipe boxes that I made for the girls tonight for Valentine's Day. These were recipe boxes that I bought for a screamin' deal at Michaels for $1.50 each, so an inexpensive gift for sure! I personalized each of them and they can use their boxes to hold all sorts of little treasures. I used colours that each of them like and they have some sparkle to them, too, that I think they'll like a lot. :)

Here's what they looked like before I altered them. Kinda cute for a country themed kitchen, but you know me, it was just screamin' to be altered! lol :)Ok, wow, it's 1:35 AM...I've gotta call it a day! Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

2 comments:

Kristine said...

OH, you are so creative! These are soo CUTE!! I also have that glitter paper that you used to cover these with--so fun and bright. :) Bet they LOVED them!

Tracy.H said...

So cute, Julie! I bet they just loved them. I know my girls just love any kind of boxes or bags. ;0)