Thursday, February 28, 2008

More Altered Doodle Flowers

Congratulations, Alysha! I made this card for my sweet niece, Alysha, who just won the Science Fair at her school yesterday! I figured I'd send her a little congratulations card along with a gift card to go to the movies or something. I'm so proud of her! She won first place in her Grade 7 class and first place in her school with 125 other entries! Now, she goes on to Regionals, if she does well, she'll get a free trip to Montreal! She's a very smart girl, I'm thinking positively that she's gonna do well and win the trip! You go, Girl! :)

For this card, I tried the altered doodle flower technique again...doing it properly this time with a bone folder to curl the petals and using a dimensional square underneath to adhere the tips of the petals to. I really like this technique, they make such a cute little flower. I just hope it doesn't get ruined in the mail! ...Humm, I just had an idea, maybe I'll put the card inside a CD case so it doesn't get flattened. Yippee...I just checked and it fits perfectly with the insert removed! That'll work! :)

Ok, gotta go get ready for work...thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Doodle This (SU), Clear Design - Messages (Hero Arts)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Cardstock: Pink (The Paper Company), Chocolate Weave (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: a la Mode - Parfait (American Crafts), a la Mode - Mousse (
American Crafts)
Embellishments: Sheer Pink with White Polka Dot Ribbon (Michaels), Pink Gem Brads (Dollarama)
Tools: Scissors, 1/8" Dimensional Squares

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

What a great card and what a great Auntie you are!! I am sure she will love it. I will keep my fingers crossed for her too. ;0)

dasimonds said...

Your card is ..
"Absolutely Gorgeous"!!
I have not worked with this technique yet...but yours is so
beautiful, I will try to find more on this technique and give it a try. The colors are beautiful..
and pretty papers and ribbon.
Great Card!!!

Kim said...

Oh I am loving your flower cards! They are so cute, and oh yeah, my colours too! lol