Sunday, February 24, 2008

Friend Colour Challenge


My friend, Kim challenged us last week in our circle of local stampin' addicts to try to think outside our comfort zone of colours that we normally use and try to make a card not using any of those colours. OMG...it's hard! My colour 'not' to use is blue and green, in particular bashful blue/blue bayou and certainly celery/key lime. As I was looking through my cardstock and patterned paper tonight...nearly all of it had some hint of those colours or it was the main colour! I really need to choose some new colours! So, tonight, after much thought, I decided to go with shades of purple...Nah, nah, nah, nah, Kim, ..that's one of the colours that Kim isn't allowed to use! I know it's gonna kill her to not use pink or purple!!! lol :)

Anyway, I'm posting my card tonight, but all my cards this week are gonna follow the colour challenge rules...oh, it's gonna be a stressful week! lol :) We're all getting together later in the week here at my place to have a fun stampin' night and to show each other the cards that we came up with. I love getting together with all the girls...let's hope my little ones stay asleep this time, though, and let us have our 'big girls' night.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Perfect Plum (SU), Pale Plum (SU), Basic Black (SU)
Ink: Perfect Plum (SU), Pale Plum (SU)
Stamps: Clear Stamps- Urban Acres Blvd. (Heidi Grace Designs - Fiskars), Clear Stamps- Cherrywood Ln. (Heidi Grace Designs - Fiskars)
Embellishments: , Mauve Flower (Prima), Sheer Black Ribbon (Michaels)
Tools: Ticket Punch (SU)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Great job on the challenge, Julie! :0)

dasimonds said...

Soft and elegant!
Very pretty..
I love your choise
of colors.