Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More Altered Valentine Heart Boxes


I just finished the final two Valentine Boxes...and a night ahead of schedule, can you believe it! lol :) I've been working on these over the past few days, but here are the two that I finished up tonight. One is from my daughter, Alexandria to her teacher, Mrs. Gillis and the other is for my Mum (Muggy, as they call her) from both of my girls. I know my Mum will really like this. I made the heart insert inside twice as long on hers, my husband got a huge kick out of one of the sayings that they said they loved about her, it reads ' she makes us porridge.' I know that'll make her laugh. Can you imagine loving someone 'cause they make you porridge! lol :) It's just always a treat when they go to her place for slumber parties, when they wake up, that's what they have! Anyway, I thought it was kinda cute. :)

Time to call it a day. Lots to do tomorrow. I have two more boxes to alter for each of my daughter's for Valentine's Day. I'll post them tomorrow night. I also have to make more Valentine's for my other daughter's class, but I won't bother to post those as they'll be identical to her sister's Valentine treats that I posted earlier tonight. Hope everyone had a great day. We're waiting on more snow for another winter storm watch expected to hit in the morning... school was cancelled yesterday, maybe we'll get to sleep in tomorrow morning, too! That'd be nice! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

You can click here to see the supplies used in this post of another Heart Box that I did.

Sidenote: My kids call my Mum, 'Muggy.' It started when my oldest was just a wee little one and that's what she would call her. We'd try to correct her, but she'd just keep calling her that. Anyway, it stuck and even my youngest calls her that, now and Mum thinks it's kinda cute. Although I've asked Alex what it means or how she thought of it, she doesn't know, she always says, I don't know, Mum, she's just a Muggy. Kids, they're cute aren't they? :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Julie, these are just gorgeous!!! I love the little treat bags below too, you have been very busy!! It was great to see you on Friday, hope to see you again SOON!!

Tracy.H said...

These tins are so cute, Julie! :0)