Saturday, February 23, 2008

Butterfly Wishes


Tonight's card is one that I made for Shannon's colour challenge of using Tempting Turquoise, Almost Amethyst and Basic Black. I've never used these three colours together and I thought they sounded pretty so I figured I'd give it a go. :) I also had a birthday card to make for my Mum, for next week, so I decided to combine the two tasks. She loves daisies, hence the Cuttlebug'd background. Amethyst is also the birthstone for the month of February and my Mum likes the colour, so I thought it would be perfect.

It was nice to spend some time in my craft room tonight, I hope to get back in there again tomorrow and I'll be back soon to show you something else new. Until then...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Large Butterfly (Anita's - Sugarloaf Inc.), Clear Design 'Designer Butterflies' (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise (SU), Almost Amethyst (SU), Basic Black (SU)
Ink: Basic Black (SU)
Embellishments: Black Grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Cuttlebug, 'Stylized Flowers' Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder punch (SU), Word Window punch (SU), 1/8" Dimensional Squares

2 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Looks great! Thanks for playing in my challenge!

Anonymous said...

Love your card Julie - what beautiful colors!