Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Flap card that needs help...

Well, it's been another busy couple of days. We spent the day before yesterday tearing off the old wall board in our side porch, and I proceeded to crack fill all the holes and poor walls that were in behind the wall board. Quite a job, I'll tell ya! We let it dry overnight and yesterday morning we sanded it down, and painted it out. We tore up the old lino flooring and were ready to put down new flooring this morning...however, I forgot the screen window open last night to the porch and with the sideways rain that we had overnight, it came in and soaked my floor! Arg! Oh well, we had a fan running all day today and now it's nice and dry. We'll tackle it tomorrow morning and then we'll be able put the trim back up for the door frame. I'll post a pic once it's all done. I really like the colour now. I chose a taupe colour and it makes the entry way so much warmer now. I'm starting to feel like this house is finally ours, after we've painted more of the rooms. It's weird how when you buy a house you tend to deal with the colours that the old owners had, but it's really not your home until you add your own touch. I feel more at home now. :)

OK, I'm really rambling, onto my card! I bought this stamp while we were on vacation in New Brunswick last week and decided I would ink it up tonight. I had a whole other card in my head, thinking I would make the outer layer into a magnet that could be taken off by the recipient, but then I was at a loss as to how to attach the magnetic piece underneath so that it wouldn't be too thick. Anyway, I think I'll tinker with this one a bit more, but I'll show you this for now and if you have any ideas as to how you would change this card, I'd be more than open for ideas. :)

This is the view when you open the outer flap. You can write a note to the recipient on the inside but, the green opens as well as a card base. So, I guess this card opens twice. Why you ask...well, I'm not really sure! That's just how it turned out. So, help me, please! lol :)

Well, I think I'll call it a day. I have a fun project to show you tomorrow night, but it's a secret for now. So, you'll have to check back tomorrow if the suspense is killin' ya! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: CardArt Thank You (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava (SU), Cream (Staples)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Patterned Paper: Classic K - McKenna (K & Company)

Tools:
Double-sided adhesive
Embellishments: Green Bling, Sweet & Sassy Satin Ribbon (Michaels)

No comments: