Thursday, August 21, 2008

We're back and some pics of Hopewell Rocks

We got home late last night to the mountain of laundry to do and all the stuff to put away from our vacation. It's nearly done now and now and we're on to more things to do around the house. We've got a full schedule of things to do over the rest of our vacation, including painting our rec room, tiling around the wood stove in the rec room, painting the floor in the storage room/back entry to the house, painting the side porch...the list goes on. We figure we've been here for just over two years...it's time to finally get some stuff done! lol :) So, there won't be much rest going on here, but it'll be so nice when it's all done!

I wanted to share a few pics from our vacation. Yesterday, we went to Hopewell Rocks in Hopewell Cape, New Brunswick. It was simply gorgeous, a must see for sure if you're in the area! You have to walk down a path through the woods where there are several lookout points to see amazing scenic views and then you come to a set of steel stairs about 6 floors high that take you down to the ocean floor. You have a few hour window where you actually walk on the ocean floor before the tide comes back in. Check out the formation of the rocks over time created by the clash of continents, carved by melting glaciers, then sculpted by the highest tides in the world! Hope you enjoy the pics! :)

These first two pics are of my hubby, Jim and our girls, Alexandria and Natalia. I was having a bit of a wild hair day on the beach, so I tried to avoid the camera...

Pretty amazing, eh? Well, I've gotta continue on with some stuff around the house. I've got a card to show you later on after my camera re-charges and I'll be getting in some crafty time tonight so I'll show you that later, too. Also, I'll do the draw for the blog candy tonight, so stay tuned! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Wow! What awesome pics, Julie! I really need to get out east one day. The farthest east I have been is Saskatoon...that doesn't really count now does it?? ;0)