Friday, August 8, 2008

RAK from Tracy


I just realized that I received this gorgeous card a few days ago from my friend, Tracy Houghton and I haven't posted it yet. I tried taking pics of it right away, but not only do I find the colours red and black together very hard colours to photograph, but with the bling, too, it made it super hard for me to get a good pic of. Any hints for a good setting that I should be using in that situation? I'm sorry, it's still not a very good pic, she added beautiful glitter on the flourishes and the butterfly's antenna, but again my picture taking abilities is at fault. This card is simply amazing in person! I just love it! Thanks so much to Tracy for making my day! :)

It's funny actually, I saw this card on Tracy's blog a little while back and I absolutely loved it. I made a comment teasing her and said that if she ever wanted a home for her gorgeous creation, she could feel free to send it my way! So, before no time I see it in my mailbox! How sweet is she to bring such a smile to my face! It's now proudly displayed in my crafty space among my other butterfly beauties! lol :)

Well, on to today's adventure...I decided to take the girls out for a walk over to a little shopping centre this afternoon to get out of the house and get a treat. It's about a 20 minute walk. We had a nice walk over, we stopped at Canadian Tire to look for new bicycles for them, no luck but on our way out we stumbled upon the mis-tint paint shelf and I found a gorgeous colour of yellow kitchen and bath paint. The best part was it was only $10 as apposed to about $40 normally! I couldn't leave it there! It'll look great in my upstairs bathroom, I can't wait to paint it out! :) The bad part was that we were walking, so I had to carry this heavy can of paint home! Good thing I had my backpack, but my back in killin' me now... oh, what I'll do for a bargain! lol :) So, it gets better (I'm being sarcastic), we're on our way walking home and it not only starts to rain but it's pours! EXCELLENT! The winds are blowing and we're soaking wet and cold! Anyway, we're all warmed up now, so not to worry, and the kids did have fun. Amazing how they consider that an adventure though and I just think it sucked! lol :)

Ok, gotta go for now. I'm sure I'll be back on later with something else to show you. I'm thinkin' maybe a little altered notebook for my stamp wish list. I've seen some great ones lately and I thought they were such a great idea that I would make one for myself. I seem to make notes of different stamp sets that I see, but then I seem to lose them...either that or Jim throws them out so I won't spend more money! lol :) Anyway, I'll have to check my supplies to see what I can come up with...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

So glad it got to you safe and sound. Have fun painting the bathroom! :0)