Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mason Jar Lamp & Altered Shade

Well, my little 7 year old diva has declared that she doesn't want a 'Dora the Explorer' room anymore. She says that she wants a big girl room, so to start off, I revamped this lamp that I had kicking around. Remember when we used to fill these lamps with potpourri? OK, maybe I'm dating myself here... lol :)

Natalia loves marbles, so I thought, it would make a cute filler to use marbles and she could see them all the time. Then, I took this old lamp shade and used some girlie looking beaded-fringe ribbon that I got at M's. Using my ATG gun, I ran a strip of double sided tape along the base and then attached the fringe to it. I wanted to do the same to the top, but I didn't have quite enough fringe left, so I opted to apply hot pink pearls instead. The pearls are self-adhesive that I got at the Dollarama. Using my quilling tweezers, I carefully placed all the pearls along the top trim.

Here's a close up of the beaded-fringe.

Here's a close up of the hot pink pearls.
I think it turned out cute and the best part is that Natalia loves it. :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

The lamp turned out super cute.

No more Dora...you know your little girl is growing up.

Hope it's warming up there for you!

Yvonne said...

I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Please come over and grab it from my blog. Thanks for all the inspiration you have given us crafters!