Monday, April 9, 2012

Brick Wall Silhouette

One of my co-workers asked if I would make her a special 'thinking of you' card for a friend of hers. I saw this Brick Wall technique a long time ago...it's one of the many cards I've been wanting to try and tonight was the night to try it. This is the card I loved and CASED, showcased in the SCS Tutorials. Thanks so much, Birgit, for the inspiration! :)

The bricks were a bit finicky and didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but overall I'm happy with they turned out. I think if I were to completely bow to my OCD, I would have distressed all the edges of all bricks to give them more dimension...just not enough time tonight to do that! lol :)

I used a background stamp by Heartfelt Creations, called "HCPC 3323 Large Elegant Word Background' and the flower and sentiment are both from a Penny Black set, called 'Illumination.' The gorgeous lace is from Fabricville. Gotta love their lace, it's so darn pretty!

I'll have more to share with you soon! Until then...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

No comments: