Tuesday, January 1, 2013

TSC38: Recycle/Reuse Challenge

Happy New Year!!!!!!  It's hard to believe it's 2013 already...where did the past year go?   All the best to all of you for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

It's challenge time again over at The Stampsmith Challenge and this time around we're challenging you to Recycle/Reuse something in your project.   I decided to recycle this little wooden box from Michaels into a cute little altered clutch.   Now, I just need somewhere to take it!  Perhaps it will become a jewellry box instead...

Here's a 'Before' shot of the wooden box.   I removed the elastic closure and the knob before I applied the patterned paper.

Here's a view of the top so you can see Marilyn in her glory.  :)

Here's a view of the back so you can see the beautiful lace that adorns it.

I hope you decide to play along in the fun.   You don't have to alter something like I did, just use your imagination to recycle or reuse something onto a card, if you like.   The sky's the limit.   I look forward to seeing all your creations!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)
 

2 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

Super Glam!! Love your clutch!! Happy New Year!!

Debbie said...

Wow! Love this Julie! Fabulous details! Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas, and Happy New Year's! Yes, I am looking forward to next week too!

Wishes
Debbie