Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pink Elephant for a Baby Girl

Well, I finally finished this card! I've been working on if on and off for several days now...just lots going on with the Natal Day long weekend here this past weekend and I haven't had much time to work on it each time.  Plus, I'm back to work after my vacation, so not much free time.  Anyway, I finally finished it tonight and the card below is the one that inspired me to make it.

I saw the card above, made by Hallmark, and absolutely fell in love with it.  How cute is this?!  So, I CASE'd it!  Don't worry, though, I'm not selling it, I just made it for fun or to give to my next friend who has a baby girl.  :)  You can see in the Hallmark card that they used fabric and felt and actually sewed around the edges of each piece.  But, I opted to use some sweet patterned paper that I love to use on baby girl cards and I cheated and doodled on the stitches with a few different colours of gel pens.

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, but we've had some beautiful weather here lately, so I've been out a lot with the family and haven't taken much time to spend crafting.  But, I do have a couple of cards to make for friends, so I'll be making those in the next few days and I'll post them soon.  So, stay tuned.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

super sweet elephant Julie. Love it

mum of two said...

Just adorable! i can't believe how close you were to the original. TFS :)

michelle

Deborah March said...

GORGEOUS Julie!!