Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!

I just wanted to share my morning as I've had the funniest Mother's Day so far.   I woke up this morning to the phone ringing.  I was still in bed (8:30 am) when I answered it, but Alex had already answered it down stairs as she fell asleep on the couch last night watching a movie, so we just left her there.  A minute later, Alex came up to my bedroom and this was the conversation:

Alex: Hi Mom, Happy Mother's Day!  Faye is on the phone wants Jacob's phone number since there's a snake on her street chasing a cat and she thinks the cat belongs to Jacob!

Me: What?  Am I still dreaming?

Alex: No, the snake is chasing the cat, quick, do you know the phone number?

Me: No, not off hand, you'll have to check the phone list.

Alex: Ok, (as she's running off to get the phone list, I hear her say,) Happy Mother's Day!

Me: I look over to Jim and say, Did that really just happen?
 
Jim:  Just laughs and says, I feel like I should call the local news since this sounds like some interesting footage!  lol

Update:
So, Faye called back in a minute and she told us she called Jacob and it's not their cat.   So, I guess some poor kitty is still out there...apparently, still being chased to it's death!  By a garden snake!  For all you cat lovers, like me, I think the cat could actually eat the snake instead, so I don't think we really need to worry about the cat!

Anyway, can we say bizarre?  LOL  :)

Anyway, that followed by Honeynut Cheerios and a banana and coffee served to me in bed by my sweet little girls. Followed by some handmade gifts they made me in school and Guides.   Life is good...just funny sometimes!


 Thanks for stoppin' by! :)
 

No comments: