Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines for My Girls

I made two of these cards for my two sweet little girls, Alexandria and Natalia for Valentine's Day.   I know these are really simple cards, but my girls come to expect handmade cards from me for obvious reasons...I can't go out and buy one now!  I did make a few little mistakes in my colouring on the little girl...I'm sure the girls won't even notice.   Hard to focus on colouring today the way my head feels, but I wanted to get these cards done.

I was surprised yesterday with this sweet stamp set and pretty little pink tulle flowers as a gift to cheer me up from my friend, Dejah.   She owns one of our local stamp stores, Carousel Rubber Stamps.  Thanks so much, Dejah!   I'm sure my girls will love this image - it's too cute!  :)   My friends, Val and Kim also stopped by with tonnes of goodies and absolutely made my afternoon!   I was having a really good day yesterday with minimal pain and it was so nice to have a few laughs with them.   They're such great friends!   Thanks again so much for everything, Val and Kim!  You guys Rock!  :)

Thanks to everyone else who has sent me emails to express their concern for my health issues, too.   I really appreciate your good vibes heading my way.  Hopefully I'll be fit as as a fiddle really soon!  :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: You're the Best (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: China Red Linen & Goldenrod Linen (CRS), Flat White (Staples), Light Pink (The Paper Company)
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Touch Markers: 11-Carmine, 29-Bareley Beige. 36-Cream, 136-Blush, 198-Tender Pink (ShinHan Art)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Circle Custom Cutting System (Creative Memories), Corner Rounder (EK Success), Swiss Dots and Swirls Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft), 3/16" Pop Dots (SU)
Embellishments: Pink Princess 2" Tulle Flowers (Bazzill Basics Paper), Pink Rhinestones (Dollarama)

2 comments:

JAEBI said...

Great cards! Happy Valentine's!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2yJHZq5rHE

Tracy.H said...

I am sure the girls LOVED these! Hope you all had a great Valentines Day! :0)