Friday, September 10, 2010

"All White" Challenge Card

Our local stampin' crew is meeting at my place tonight and this is the swap challenge card that I made.  Our challenge this time around was to make an "All White" card.   Mine fits the bill, other than the pewter embellishment that I used, but I was stumped as to what to put there and I gave up and settled on the pewter sentiment.  I hope that's ok!  lol  :)

I've never made an all white card before, but I saw a sample of one lately at our local stamp store and knew I wanted to try one, so I suggested that it be our challenge for this month.    With it being all white, it gives it such an elegant look, perfect for a wedding or anniversary card.   I think I'll make more of these for just that reason, to have in my stash.

Here's an angle shot to show you the layers a little more clearly.


Here's a close up of the butterfly to show you the embossing detail.

I'll be back soon to show you the altered box project that we have planned to do.  Stay tuned...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly (PSX)
Cardstock:  Flat White
Ink: VersaFine (Tsukineko)
Tools: Heat Tool, Embossing Tray, Embossing Buddy (SU), Clear Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder (Ranger), 3/16" Pop Dots (SU), White Smooch Spray (to give the flat white cs a shimmery look), Cuttlebug, Victoria Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
Embellishments: Sheer White Ribbon (Michaels), White Pearls (Dollarama), Pewter 'Love' Sentiment (Dollarama)

No comments: