Monday, November 23, 2009

Back at home

I'm back home. I drove home with the girls yesterday and got home last night in time to put them to bed. It was a long week getting all the arrangements made and dealing with talking to so many people at the wakes and the funeral. Jim stayed up to help his Dad to go through some things in the house and to help with some government paperwork. He'll be heading home tomorrow on the train. Thank you from both Jim and me for all the kind notes we've received with your thoughts and prayers. We really appreciate them all.

I was supposed to go back to work today, but I woke up with a terrible headache and I was just plain exhausted from the past week. I didn't realize until we got home last night that the girls actually had a PD (Professional Development) Day today so no school for them. I had arranged for them to go to the sitter today, but when I got up not feeling well, I decided to just stay home and keep the girls myself. I knew they could use a restful day, too. They head back to school tomorrow and I'll be returning to work...with lots to do, I'm sure!

I haven't had a chance to get much done in the line of craft work. I did a couple of collages up in New Brunswick for my Mother-in-Law wake for people to look. I think they were well received. I do have several cards on my to-do list, so I'll be doing those up and posting them soon. So, I'll have to ask for your patience a little while longer. lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Julie, welcome home girl. I am sure you are exhausted and it's good you were able to take the day to rest up. It's been a long month for you. I am happy that you are back home, and it will be nice when Jim gets back as well. Give me a call when you have a chance....I know you are busy.
Hugs,
Kim

Shannon Tompkins said...

Julie, I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your MIL. I've been behind in my blog reading. All the best to you, Jim and the girls. Get some rest and take care of yourselves.

Tracy.H said...

Julie, Glad to hear that you are home again. You be sure to get some rest and we will all be here when you find the time for some crafting. ;0) Big Hugs to you all.