Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chinese Lantern and Stamped Holiday Candle

Well, I'm not quite sure where the week went...but, I guess since I've had something on the go every night this week after work, it's made the time fly by. Then, my oldest daughter went to Brownie camp this weekend, so we decided to take the opportunity to hang around the house with our youngest daughter and do some pre-holiday cleaning and go through toys to donate to less fortunate families.

I had a great night this past Thursday. I met with my local group of stamping friends for an awesome crafty night. Louise led us through a beautiful little Chinese lantern and Deborah demo'd a beautiful stamped holiday candle. We had such a fun night together, it's a wonderful group of ladies and I'm so happy to be friends with them.

This is the Holiday Candle that we did using some of Suzanne's gorgeous calligraphy stamps from QuietFire Designs. The candle is 1.75 inches in diameter and 5 inches tall.
A close up of the holiday sentiment.

This is the Chinese Lantern that we did using cardstock vellum and a battery operated tea light inside. The lantern measures 3 1/2 inches square by 2 inches x 2 inches square.

I have lots of other cards to show you, I'll post them tomorrow night after I take pictures of them all.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful lantern Julie. Perfect for that luminary Christmas eve.

Hope you are well

Hugs