Thursday, April 14, 2011

Crafty Night Fun with the Gals

I'm finally getting around to posting the cards that we made at our crafty night last weekend. The first project is one that was lead by Kim Prince. I love this stamp and really like the sentiment that I chose to use. We did a watercolour technique by using two different distress inks on a teflon mat, spritzed with water and rubbed white cardstock around over the spritzed ink. Dried with a heat tool and then we had fun using Kim's Zutter Distrezz-it-All. Man, that thing is loud! A cool devise for distressing your edges, but it could be in competition with a wood saw! lol :) We then finished the card off by adding some shimmer mist over the whole card. Thanks for leading us in a gorgeous project, Kim. We're gonna miss your inspirational projects!


Our next project was this fabulous corset card lead by Val Wilson. OMG, I love this template! A great card for that special someone in your life... :)

Even the back of the card is stamped with a perfect Tim Holtz stamp to finish off the corset. Unfortunately, I stamped it on an angle. Oh, well. Thanks for sharing this fabulous template with us, Val. Jim's gonna love this one! :)


The card above was created by a newbie to our group, Joan Jandron. I drew Joan's name for our monthly card swap. So nice to have you with us and thanks for hosting us at your place...I'm rather glad your hubby did go out for the evening, though! I can only imagine what he would have been thinking had he been there for all nine of us Zutter distressing two sheets of cardstock each! I'm sure he'd have thought we'd all lost our minds! lol :) Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with me, Joan. I love the elegance of it and the embossing on the silver cs is the perfect addition and I really like how you did the framed punch for the sentiment. Just lovely.

I have a couple more cards to share with you, but you'll have to stay tuned for those...I'll be back soon!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

No comments: