Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Starfolded Card

I have a fun project to share with you today. This is starfolded card and you can find a fantastic YouTube video tutorial here by Maria at Bellamio Designs so you can make your own. She shares all the measurements and makes things really easy to follow in the video.

This is what my star card looks like when it's opened.

Here's a bit of a different angle to show you the way the folds go. When you're folding the card in, fold it like you're closing a box, starting with one side and fold each side down in one direction, finishing by tucking the last side into the first fold. Make sense?

Here's a view of the back of the card. I didn't add patterned paper to the back centre or the back outer triangles as you won't see then when the card is folded together.

I hope you enjoyed this project and decide to try one of these for yourself. They're a lot of fun! I can see making more of these in the future for sure!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

2 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous, love the shape and the way it folds up!

Yvonne said...

Love the card Julie. I haven't seen this fold before. I'm going to be sure to check it out.