Saturday, April 23, 2011

Here's to you, friend!

I saw the photo album below recently and I knew I had to buy it for my friend, Kim. She loves purple and since she's moving away, I thought she might like to fill it with photos from her time living here. I'm sure gonna miss her! The caption inside the card reads, "Here's to you, friend!" The vintage image I used is a photostamp by The Stampsmith, called Coffee Gal.

As you can see, my card above was inspired by this photo album to give to her as a set. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the album is covered in a beautiful silk material with silver, velvet flowers over it. This is also a two album set. The second album is entirely silver silk...hence the ribbon holding the two of them together.
Here's a close up of the handmade flower, made by moi, and it gives you a better look at the silver embossed flowers that I stamped on the corners of the patterned paper.
I kinda laughed when I was about to make this card, since I was trying to think of a stamp that I might have that would look similar to the flowers on the album. I decided to put away some crafty goodies first that I bought the weekend before and when I was, I came across this single stamp that I purchased and forgot all about. I couldn't believe it, it was nearly an exact match! It must have been destiny for me to buy it! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

No comments: