Thursday, February 28, 2008

Altered Doodle Flowers



I made another card this afternoon with the colour challenge in mind for this Saturday when a bunch of us are getting together. I decided to use Purely Pomegranate as my main colour with this one and just pair it with black and white...and it's not blue or green! I'm tellin' ya it's hard not to pick out those blues and greens and use 'em! lol :)

I saw flowers done like this recently on Chat's blog- 'Me, Myself and I' and thought they were really cute, so I had to try them out for myself on my own card. Kinda neat to have another way to use a particular stamp to give it a whole new look. The only thing is, I couldn't find her pictures until after I had my card all done, so I was just going on memory from what I had seen. I was thinking that she just used double sided tape to hold the petals in place, but it makes more sense that she used a dimensional square...that's how she got the petals to curl instead of the folded look like I have. I like her method a lot better! I'm gonna try it again tomorrow I think! lol :) Anyway, here is the tutorial on how Chat did her flowers. Check it out! She does simply amazing work!

Ok, I have to call it a day, eep...it's nearly 1 am! I'll try to post something tomorrow before I go into work.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Doodle This (SU), Clear Design - Messages (Hero Arts)
Ink: Basic Black (SU)
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate (SU), White Linen (CRS), Charcoal Flat (CRS)
Tools: Ticket Punch (SU), 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" Circle Punches (Creative Memories), White Gel Pen (Marvy Uchida), Scissors
Embellishments: Pink Gem Brads (Dollarama)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Love this one, Julie! :0)

Corie said...

This is just so pretty -- love your flowers!!