Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine's Day Treats


I had 24 Valentine's to do up for Alexandria's Grade Primary class. Well, you know me, I couldn't just go out and buy Princess Valentine's or something...so this is what I made instead! lol :) Alexandria and I had a fun time putting them together after supper tonight, they didn't take that long to make and she's really excited about giving them to her classmates. I also have little wooden Valentine boxes for the teachers, but I'll post them in my next post. I'm almost done...yeah, I know, nothing like leaving it 'til the last minute! But, it wouldn't be like me if I didn't though! I always have good intentions, it's just that sometimes they're a little late...

For these little chocolate Valentine Treats, I used a piece of cardstock 5" x 1 1/8", I scored it at 1 7/8" in on each end. Does that make sense? Score it at 1 7/8", then flip it over and repeat. I used one stamp from Michaels using a mask so that I would only stamp one image at a time on each side. I used a piece of double sided tape on the inside bottom of the folded area to hold the chocolate in place. Surprisingly, I only ate one while I was making them! Thought I better try one to make sure they were ok...you know quality control!!! lol :)

Well, gotta go finish up the Valentine Boxes...I'll post them later on! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamp: Some Bunny Special (Michaels)
Ink: Black (SU)
Cardstock: Bumblegum Pink (The Paper Company)
Tools: Double Rectangle Punch (SU), straight cutter and scoring blade (Fiskars), Purple Hi-Jell Sparklers Gel Roller Pen (Merangue)
Embellishments: Pink Ric Rac Ribbon (Loomis Art Supplies), Milk Chocolate Hearts wrapped in tin foil (Comet)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

So cute, Julie! I am sure the class loved them! :0)