Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Night Out with the Girls

I had a great night out last night with a bunch of the girls. We headed on over to Catherine's for a SU Party, we had a great time chatting, stampin' and carrying on and eating! Yummy cake, Catherine! :) We made two beautiful cards that I really love. I know, I know, blue again...but it's not my fault! I'm not the one who designed the card! lol :)

Here's the first card that we made. This is my first latch card that I've ever made. I've seen samples of this type of card, but just never got around to making one. I really love this card how it turned out. We used SU Cardstock Vellum....OMG, what awesome vellum! It's such a nice heavy weight, and I think the flowers are gorgeous done on this. We stamped them with black StazOn and then used SU markers to colour in the back side of the flowers and then coloured the stamens on the front side of the flowers. I'm gonna have to get some of this cardstock vellum soon! It was a lot of fun playing with it for sure! :)

Here's a better look at the Vellum flowers.

Here is a view of the latch, in case you're not familiar with this type of card.

This is the second card that we made. I had so much fun playing with the watercolour crayons. They really do such a beautiful job...I'm such a fan of SU WaterColour Wonder Crayons. I 'must' purchase more!!! Why can't I just win the lottery? Wouldn't it make life so much easier? lol :)
Thanks so much for having us all over to play stamps with you, Catherine! lol :)

Kim also bought along some goodies for us to help ourselves to. Things that she had and wasn't using anymore and wanted to see if any of us could use them. We were all like kids in a candy store, I tell ya! lol :) I got some wonderful things to play with, thanks again, so much, Kim! You're a sweetheart! :)

Here's the goodies that I got from Kim - some pretty primas and an assortment of cute chipboard die cuts. Also, some patterned paper and eyelets.
Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Julie - wish I could have been there! Glad to hear you had a good time.