Thursday, April 22, 2010

MIA for a week while recouping

Another update...Well, it's been a week yesterday since my surgery and I feel so much better already! I've got a lovely 3 inch scar now that looks pretty nasty, but so far no infection, so that's great! I'm still having a lot of pain in my back from the incision site. I get pretty tensed up trying to relax.  It's extremely uncomfortable since I can't lay back to relax on the couch and I'm normally a back sleeper so that means I can't sleep on my back right now, either. I'm not a belly sleeper at all, so that leaves one side I can sleep on, which makes my left arm sore. Anyway, I'm healing up, so I can't really complain. The pain and numbness is gone from my arms and hands and I don't seem to have any more pain in my neck. I'm still getting some headaches and quite a bit of shoulder pain, but I think that's just from the incision healing. It makes sense that my body is confused after having a tumor (the size of a large lemon) removed from my back and then having to deal with the cavity that it left and trying to regenerate around it. I'm obviously still really tired and now I'm coming down off the morphine that I've been taking every six hours for the past three months. I'm doing well, though. I just have to go off it gradually, but I'm down to only taking one a day now as apposed to four a day. So, another few days and I should be done with it. Thank goodness!

Well, I haven't felt up to crafting yet, but I might play a bit this afternoon.  We'll see.  Hopefully I'll have something to show you soon. :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Julie,
So glad to hear that you are recovery and starting to feel a bit better. Give yourself time as you've been through one heck of an ordeal.