Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!


I hope everyone had a great Canada Day today. We had a wonderful day here celebrating Canada's 142nd Birthday! :)

We got to the BBQ at my friends house shortly after 4 pm and got to see lots of friends we hadn't seen in a while. The kids had a great time, too, able to play with lots of other kids they'd never met before and they all got along really well. We left there around 7:30 pm and took the girls out to grab a bite to eat since they were complaining that they were hungry. Yes, I know, we just came from a BBQ, but they were too excited to eat and apparently too many new friends to play with to be concerned with eating! lol :) After that, we drove around a little while, grabbed a coffee and headed for the waterfront to watch the fireworks off a barge from the Halifax Harbour. It's been really rainy and foggy here lately, but the rain did let up today and it turned out quite nice, but still overcast. The fireworks were pretty good, but some of the higher fireworks got lost in the low ceiling, but a good show overall and the girls were thrilled with them, so that's all that matters.

These were a couple of pictures that I took going across the Angus L. MacDonald Bridge that joins Halifax and Dartmouth. I thought the big flags were nice and I got a pic of both of them that they had at each peak on the bridge.

This is a picture that I took last year that I thought was pretty, too, with the refection on the mirrored high rise.

I'm so proud to be a Canadian and able to live in such a wonderful, beautiful country! I'll be back soon with something crafty to show you. Stay tuned...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

No comments: