Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Masculine Shirt Card


I had a great time last night at our monthly Alpha Beta Card crafty night. I think everyone liked the sweet pea card and I loved the card that Louise demo'd. She went with a masculine themed card with an origami shirt on the front and double pockets on the inside. Just in time to give to my Dad for his birthday in a couple of weeks. I just need to go out and get a gift card to out inside and I'll be all set.

**Edited to Add**
I've been fiddling around with the fold of the shirt, does this one look better? I think I folded the collar wrong to begin with...
Here's a view of the card opened. It's hard to see in the pic, but both of the large chocolate chip layers are embossed using Swiss Dots.

Here's the insert for one of pockets to write a little note on.

I had fun doing the little origami shirt and tie, I've seen these before but this was my first attempt at them. A fun project to do and I love the fold and pockets of this card. Thanks to Louise for sharing such a great project with us! We had some yummy treats as usual, too. I was supposed to make an ice-cream cake, but I didn't get a chance to make it, so I bought one instead at Dairy Queen. I'll post a pic of it later. Louise also brought the yummiest Apple Pear Crumble I've ever eaten! Oh, sweet deliciousness! (Is that a word? lol) She also brought a pecan pie, man, we're spoiled on crafty night! It's certainly not a night to be dieting! lol :)

I have more to share with you later today, but the kids are yanking on my arm to go out swimming right now. I'll be back later on, stay tuned...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

No comments: