Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Out of the Box Card Challenge


Our Alpha Beta Card group is meeting again tonight for our monthly crafty night and the theme this month was to make a card 'out of the box' from our normal style. Sorry, I used the red and black again like I use fairly often, but I added a copper shimmer which I don't normally use, so I hope that counts. My other challenge for the card was to make one with no butterflies since the majority of my cards tend to have them on them! lol :)

I used these gorgeous prima flowers that I got on clearance a while back. I've kinda been stumped as to what to do with them, and thought I break into them for this card for something different. Please excuse the poor pics, it took forever to get a somewhat decent pic, since between the shimmer cardstock, the shiny brads, the copper cord and the metallic flowers, the camera was having a hard time focusing on one thing! I think it went into overload! lol :)

Here's a close up of the metallic prima flowers. Aren't they pretty? :)

Well, it's nearly as hot today as it's been the past several days, but at least today we have a breeze which seems to be saving us. The girls and I spent the morning in our pool, now I'm seeking refuge in my craft studio in our basement which is a lot cooler than upstairs.

I have one more post to show you, stay tuned...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Encouragement (Impression Obsession)
Cardstock: Metallic Copper (Creative Memories), China Red Linen (CRS), Jet Black Linen (CRS), Flat White (Staples)
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Tools: 1/16" Black Pop Dots (Dollarama), double-sided tape
Embellishments: Copper Brads (EK Success), Copper String (Creative Memories), Rust Striped Ribbon (Michaels-I think?), Metallic Flowers (Prima), Single Small Dusty Red Flower (Viva Craft - Dollarama)

No comments: