Friday, November 7, 2008

Welcome Baby, Aerianna!


I took today and had a crafty day...yes, it took me nearly all day to make this picture frame! By the time I altered the frame, stamped out all the animals, water coloured them and cut them out...yes it took most of my time to cut them out. Lots of intricate cuts. The picture frame has a 4" x 6" opening for a picture, but I opted to alter most of the inside of the frame, as well and just leave a little scalloped circle window to add a picture behind. I contemplated adding, 'Wild About You,' to the top of the frame and 'Aerianna' to the bottom of the frame. But, I opted to leave it as is. Any opinions? :)

This altered frame is for my friend, Lisa to put in her new baby girl, Aerianna's nursery. She went with a Jungle theme, so this is in keeping with her theme. I really like the way it turned out and the softness of it. I hope she likes it. It's killing me to not have seen her yet, but we've all got sore throats and coughs here and I don't want to pass anything on to her. Hopefully soon we'll be all good to go see her and I can get in some baby cuddlin' time. :)

This is just to show you the dimension of the frame. I white-washed the sides with white craft ink to add a softness to the frame.
Oh, I have to share something funny. When I was almost done cutting, my 5 year old daughter came over and commended me on what she called 'good scissor work.' Too funny! lol :) She was pretty impressed that I could cut so close to the images and asked me how long it took me to learn how to do it. I replied, "Well, after 5 straight years of National Scissor School, I achieved my Master Level Certification." Just kidding, I didn't really tell her that. I just told her to practice lots and she could do it, too. Funny how they look up at you, though for the littlest of things. I love their innocence so much! :)

We're heading to Jim's folks place tomorrow morning. He wanted to wear his uniform up there for Remembrance Day this year, so we'll be there for a few days and we'll be returning Tuesday night. The kids are so excited to see their grand parents, if even just for a short visit. We're a five hour drive away, so we don't get there are often as we'd like to. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a good trip and I'll kick back in to crafty mode when I get back.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)


Supplies:
Stamps: Mindy's Zoo by Mindy Terasawa (Autumn Leaves)
Cardstock: White Flat (CRS), Barely Banana (SU)

Patterned Paper:
Classic K McKenna (K & Company)
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Whisper White Craft Ink (SU)

Watercolor Wonder Crayons: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Barely Banana, Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue (SU)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Aqua Painter (SU), sandpaper, wood unfinished picture frame (Michaels), Sponge (SU)

1 comment:

Deborah March said...

Beautifully done Julie. Have FUN at Jim's folks' this weekend!