Saturday, December 19, 2009

Crafty Fun with Val


I had a wonderful night last night. My friend, Val Wilson, came over to have a crafty night with me. Val is such a great friend and she's such a hoot to be around. Full of some much fun and laughter, it's contagious! Just wish I wasn't so tired last night. I was up til 3 AM the night before finishing up Teacher's Xmas gifts and then had to get up yesterday morning to go in the office a bit early, so I was pretty sleepy all day. Just 2 1/2 more working days left for me, though and then I'm off work til Jan 4th, 2010. Still seems weird to write 2010 doesn't it? I can remember watching movies when I was a kid about all the space suits the general public would be wearing around on a daily basis, while driving their flying cars...don't think we're any where close to that yet, but the years seem to mysteriously keep creeping closer and closer to that date...

Val spent her night making beautiful little lumiere's. She was commissioned to make several for a co-worker for Xmas gifts and she made me this stunning black and white one sown above. I love it! Thanks so much, Val! :)

Here's a pic to show you when it's lit. They're so pretty! :)

OK, on to crafty projects. The card above is a sympathy card that I made last night for a friend that I work with who sadly lost her husband yesterday. So sad to lose someone anytime, but for it to be a week before Christmas makes it that much more difficult, I think. My prayers go out to her and her family during this time.

This is a card that Val showed me how to make last night. Such a neat idea and cool use of the Martha Stewart branch punch. It's a bit time consuming as you need to punch out about 50 branches, but it makes for a cool effect when you attach them all to the double sided tape that you've added to the triangle shaped tree in the background. Thanks for showing me this technique, Val!
Here's a close up of the branches to show you the dimension.
OK, I've gotta go do some housework and then brave the line ups at the mall to finish my Xmas shopping. I'll be back soon!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment: