Thursday, December 3, 2009

Owl or Penguin?


So, I made this card tonight and I showed my hubby as I usually do when I finish a card. I'm not sure why I do, as I know he doesn't understand about my love or obsession with paper crafting, but I like to show him my creations nonetheless.

Anyway, tonight I showed him my finished card and the first thing he says is, "Why would you put an owl on a Xmas card?"

It's not an owl, it's a penguin, or so I thought! So, I'll ask anyone out there of your opinion. Is this an owl, or is it a penguin? There's no prize for sharing your opinion with me, I just need to settle a dispute! lol :)

I also don't know who makes this stamp as I got it as a gift from a friend and I forgot to write down who makes it, so if you know, please let me know. It's an unmounted rubber stamp on cling film, if that helps. Possibly Impression Obsession?

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps:
Penguin
Cardstock:
China Red Linen (CRS), Jet Black Linen (CRS), Lime Green Linen (CRS), Flat White (Staples)
Patterned Paper: Believe Peace (Bo Bunny), Xmas Holiday Themed (?)
Ink:
Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Tools:
Tweezers, Cuttlebug, Classic and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Circle Custom Cutting System (Creative Memories)
Embellishments: Light Green Rhinestones (Dollarama)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I think it's an owl...

Chriserendipity said...

Hey Julie....it's definitely an "owl", cuz of the beak, and especially the big eyes and eyelashes! at least IMHO!
Chris in Calgary, AB

maiahs_momma said...

It IS a Penguine since I was with you when you got this guy, he came with a Christmas/winter stamp set. The set came with a reindeer and an igloo I think.

Inky Hugs,
Catherine

d edgson said...

Well Julie, I think I would have to agree with your hubby. Looks like an owl to me.
Hope you didn't bet to much!!! LOL