Sunday, February 25, 2007

An Awesome Day!!!


I had the best day yesterday. I got up at 6 am and got the kids and I ready for the day and went to pick Jim up on the ship as he was duty the day before and had to stay overnight. We picked Jim up at 7:30 am and we quickly came home and I dropped him and the kids off and off I went at 8:15 am for a fun day of scrapbooking and cardmaking. It was an all day (9-5 pm) Creative Memories Scrap Crop. I don't do scrapbooking, but I just make cards and chatted with other and got some ideas. I went with my Mum and a couple of her scrapping buddies, Diane and Jane. We had a great day! Lunch was included along with a little goodie bag of patterned paper and stickers and some embellishments. An LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist) stopped and and was offering 10 minute massages for $10. I quickly took her up on one of these...and don't regret it! My back and neck and shoulders feel so much better! I never thought to take pics until we were about to pack up for the day. Tisk! Tisk! So, quite a few had already left to start loading their cars with all their stuff, but there was 90 people there. Quite a turnout, and so many friendly people! I borrowed a few punches to do some punching for future cards. Everyone's very kind to share their stuff. Afterwards, Mum, Diane, Jane and I all went to Michaels for some supplies. Can you guess...I got more ribbon and a couple punches. :) Then, we all went out for supper (at a real restaurant...without any kids!) and I got home around 8:30 pm. The kids we're nearly asleep, I just had to sing a couple songs and they were both out. Then, I got to spend the rest of my evening re-doing my new present from my Mum! That's my sweet Mum above in the black top and light blue vest. See my next post for the ribbon holder...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day with your mom. My mom makes cards also we have great fun too.
hugs