Saturday, February 3, 2007

A truly touching story

As I sit here with tears running down my cheek, I feel compelled to share this story with you all. I don't know Jen or her family, just learned of her story and what she's going through and it touched me and brought back a lot of memories. I've just been reading this website, that's been written by her husband. She is a 27 year old dying of colon cancer. At this point, her family is just praying for peace in her passing. She is on her way soon to a better place. I can relate as a friend of mine passed away last year of breast cancer at 32 years old, the age I am now. She left behind a loving husband, as well as 2 beautiful little girls that also loved her dearly. I can't imagine the loss that they feel now having to grow up without a mother by their side. But, I know Michelle is looking over over them and will keep them safe, always.

Jen's story is very similar. You can see from the way that her husband, Chris writes about her, that he loves her sooo much. They also have two very young daughters that she will be leaving behind. I would just like to ask that you pray for her little girls, her husband and the rest of the family that she will leave behind. You can see from her pictures and from her words, that are on the website, that she is a beautiful young woman, inside and out. The stories from her husband have left me weak with emotion as I think of them in her final time here. He shows such admirable strength that I would hope that I could even half way possess should something this terrible ever happen to my family.

If you're interested in sharing in this story, here is the link to her website. http://jenniferireland.blogs.com/weblog/

Please pray for peace and comfort for her in her final moments....I'm off to give my girls a hug and spend some precious time with them, because I can.


They are
not gone
who live in
the hearts
of others.
~Native American Proverb

No comments: