Sunday, July 13, 2008

Butterfly Garden

I got a chance to break in my new butterfly stamps this morning that I won from Storage Units, Ink & More! These stamps are absolutely wonderful! They're made of a really good quality clear polymer and they stamp like a dream! They're such beautiful butterfly images - they totally feed my love for butterflies! lol :)

I came up with the idea for this card last night after seeing this paint chip that one of my girls got from Home Depot while we were buying a new patio set. Can you tell me, what is it about children and paint chips and their obsession with getting a few colours every time they're near that section of the store? lol :) Every child I know does this, it's amazing...the power of the paint chip! Oh, I'll share a pic of the new patio set tomorrow, too. It's so nice to finally have a good set to use outside. We like spending time out in the back yard and now we can enjoy eating outside in style! lol :)

Here's an angle view to show the curled wings. If you can't read the saying, it says 'Love is like a butterfly: It goes where it pleases, and it pleases where it goes.

Anyway, I really like these colours together. I don't think I would have put them together had I not seen the paint chip, so I'm glad she brought this one home! lol :)

Well, I'm gonna call it an early night. Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly Garden (Storage Units, Ink and More!)
Cardstock: Rust (Bazzill), Flat White & Key Lime (CRS), Baby Boy Blue (The Paper Company)
Ink: Onyx Black Archival (VersaFine)
Watercolour Wonder Crayons: Certainly Celery, Really Rust and Bashful Blue (SU)
Patterned Paper: Blue Raspberry Collage - Fresh Print (Déjà Views)
Tools: 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Aqua Painter (SU)
Embellishments: Blue Self-Adhesive Gems

No comments: