Wednesday, July 30, 2008

'Never Been Inked' Card Challenge

Whew, this is post number three for tonight and I never got home from work until 11:30 pm! Time to go to bed soon, but I just want to share one more post tonight of the swap cards and then I'll call it a night! lol :) The card above is the one that I made.

Within our group of stamping friends, our challenge for this time around was to make a swap card that used a stamp that we have in our collection that's 'Never Been Inked' yet. I decided to use a stamp from a Hostess set from a while back, 'A is for Adorable'. I had originally got this set thinking it would be great for scrapbooking, but then never got into scrapbooking, I know, I keep saying I'm going to, but I never do...one of these days I'll get my act together! lol :)

We drew names and I got Kim's card. This is the super cute Turtle card (above) that Kim made. I'm soooo gonna have to borrow this stamp to use for little kids birthday cards. I think this said it was made my Cornish Heritage Farms. I just love the card! The Cuttlebug layers go so well with the turtle shell. Awesome water colouring and great layout. So cute! Thanks so much, Kim. :)

Ok, it's 1:25 AM...I really need to get to bed! I'll be back in the morning to share the beautiful project that Yvonne made me!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies for my swap card:
Stamps: Dream - A is for Adorable (SU), Ornate Textured Background (Stampabilities), Distressed Flourish - 96129 J (Inkadinkado)
Cardstock: Key Lime (CRS), Pink (Bazzill), Chocolate Chip (Bazzill), Cream (Staples)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU), Walnut Stain (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
Embellishments: Brown Taffeta Ribbon (Michaels), Copper Brads (Making Memories)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Your card is beautiful, Julie! And Kim's card is adorable! I love turtles. :0)