Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SU Workshop Cards: Faux Linen and a Tri-Fold

We made two cards last night at the Stampin' Up! Party here at my place. The first card was a beautiful card using a 'faux linen' technique. I'm definitely gonna be playing with the faux linen technique again soon. I can't get over it, I feel like such an idiot...I thought when I had seen this technique before that people used regular card stock and I could never get it to work out. I didn't realize that you're supposed to use glossy cardstock! Sand it, and then brayer it. Ahhhhhh, a light bulb moment! It's all making sense now! Don't mind me, I'm just a little slow to catch on sometimes! lol :)

This is the second card that we made. A different take on the traditional tri-fold card that I'm used to making. I really love this card! The colours, the neat fold and the stamps! See what I mean, we're soooo gonna miss Yvonne and her wonderful projects! :(

This is what the card looks like inside when you open up the front cover.

And, this is the the view when you lift up the final flap to the card.
Ok, for my next post I'll share the swap cards that I made and the one that I received. :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

These are great cards, Julie! I should try the linen with my lilac stamps too...it looks great! :0)

Deborah March said...

Mmmm, LOVE the tri-fold design! Looks like you had a FUN evening together!