Saturday, July 12, 2008

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Well, my Hubby had a laugh over the original version of this card last night...on the first draft of this card, I stamped the moon in Close to Cocoa ink on the pink cs and he said 'Well, it's fitting for a baby card, I guess, cause it looks like you smeared a baby's dirty diaper onto the card!" Eep! Rather gross, but he's right, it did! lol :) I knew I wasn't happy with it, but I left it overnight to think about it and re-did it this morning. I decided to add the white layer of cs and stamp the moon in the Pretty in Pink this time and add a star stamp that I had to tie in with 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star' theme that I was going for. I know the pattered paper that I used in the background are actually 'floral bursts' as they call them, but they look like stars to me, so that's what I'm calling them! lol :)

My friend, Val Wilson had made a card for our recent card swap and she used this neat 'tie' method for her ribbon and I finally got to try it, but first I had to figure out how she did it. I think it makes a cute ribbon embellie. I'm still not sure if I have it completely right, though. It looks like hers except mine is kinda loose, I think it might fall out rather easily. I'll have to check with her again to see if I'm missing something.

Well, my girls are yanking at my arm as I'm typing since they want to go outside an enjoy the day. We better go take advantage before I have to go to work seeing as it's a beautiful day out there!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Moon (SOA Canada), 'tiny miracle' and star (Studio G)
Cardstock: Fairy Tale Pink (DoubleMates), Dark Brown (Bazzill), Flat White (Staples)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa & Barely Barely Banana (SU)
Patterned Paper: Aurora Flora Bursts - Sticko Style Letter Press ( EK Success)
Embellishments: Light Pink Grosgrain Ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

dasimonds said...

Sweet card!
Pretty paper..
cute stamped image..
love the soft colors.
The bow is great...
is there a tutorial showing
how to make this ?
Looks Great!!