Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hello Friend Flap Card

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything! Sorry about that...we headed up to my Hubby's folks place for a short vacation last week and this week has been busy again with getting the house back in order, working, dental appointments and having my youngest in Day Camp again. Lots of running around...aren't you supposed to relax in the Summer? I don't know, it doesn't seem to be happening here! lol :)

Anyway, I've been going through a bit of crafty withdrawal and had a chance to play a bit last night. I thought I'd try a card that's a little different from the norm and thought I'd try a flap card of sorts. You lift on the tab at the bottom and it lifts the metallic layer of the card up to reveal the inside of the card.

Here's an angle shot to show you my vellum butterfly. Another pretty butterfly...yup, the novelty hasn't worn off yet, I still love butterflies! lol :)

This is what the inside of the card looks like with the flap opened.

Well, gotta run to go get Jim at work and then I have to go to work myself. I wasn't supposed to work tonight, but hey, who am I to say no to good stamp money that could be earned! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)


Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly (The Stamp Barn), Hello Friend (See d's - Inque Boutique)
Cardstock: Cranberry & Gray (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Pink Swirls - Luxury Print (DCWV)
Embellishments: Cranberry Satin Ribbon (Michaels), Clear Adhesive Gems and Gem Brads
Tools: Ticket Punch (SU)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

I think everyone has been extra busy this summer...seems to be anyway.

Love the card, Julie!! Very pretty. Don't think I could ever get sick of butterflies. ;0)

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea for a card! Our kids made a picture frame in a similar fashion, with the ribbon holding both sides together to stand up. Did you show us the patio furniture yet? We need to buy some too.