Saturday, August 9, 2008

Altered Stamp Wish List Notebook



So, I've seen some really cute altered notebooks lately used for keeping track of your stamp wish list and I knew that I wanted to make myself one. I wanted something fun and I thought of this whimsical paper and knew it would fit the bill just perfectly. :)

I bought this notebook from the dollar store a while ago with the intention to alter it. I just removed the front and back covers from the coil binding and altered each of them. I free handed the 'My Stamp Wish List' with a white gel pen and added the stamped flourish. Then, I used my craft knife to make all the holes for the coils to go through....yeah, that was a tedious job, now I understand the desire for a Bind-it-All machine! lol :) After I re-assembled the notebook I added the ribbon for a bit more fun and that's it. The black elastic band on the right side of the notebook pulls over the end so that you can open the front cover.

Ok, it took me a lot longer to do the holes for the coils than expected...so, it's way past my bedtime again! lol :) Gonna call it a day...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps:
Two Scoops/Swirlie (Basic Grey)
Patterned Paper:
a la Carte - Pesto & a la Carte Butternut Squash (American Crafts)
Tools: White Gel Pen (Signo - SU), Craft Knife, Double-Sided Adhesive
, Notebook (Dollar Store)
Embellishments: Olive Green Grosgrain Ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Cute Notebook!
Did you say, "Free Hand"? Just a doodle here or there. Did you have to do any stems for a flower? lol
Just teasing.