Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rec Room Painted


Ok, I don't have anything else new to show you in the way of crafty projects, but I have a before and after shot of my rec room to show you that we've spent the past three days prepping, painting and putting back together. We were VERY scared when we first started painting it...it looked like a pumpkin orange colour...not at all what we were looking for. We wanted something like a Terracotta, but a bit deeper. Anyway, we tried to stay positive and continued painting and we were very happy when the paint dried and with each coat it started to look better and better. We had to use a gray primer on top of the original blue paint so that the orange would show as a true colour. Then, it took three coats of the orange colour on top of that to achieve the look we were looking for. That's a lot of painting!

I'm so glad it's now done and I love it! The picture above shows the paint colour a little brighter with the flash on, but there aren't any windows in this part of the basement where the rec room is, so I can't turn the flash off and get a clear pic of the walls. So, in real life, the orange isn't quite this bright. It's called Kaleidoscope by Glidden - ICI Paints, but in my terms I call it more of a Tangerine Spice...hey, that could be a new ink colour, or maybe it is and I don't know it! lol :)

Here's a dark before pic of the light blue walls. Pretty dull, huh?
Anyway, just wanted to share a pic of my new 'Happy' rec room/stampin' space. I can't wait to create something tomorrow. I'll share a card soon, I promise! lol :) Ok, it's 1:49 AM and I need to call it a day!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color Julie - enjoy your newly painted space!!

Kim said...

Oh Julie, I LOVE IT!! That colour is awesome, and I am glad you kept going with it!

Tracy.H said...

That is an awesome color, Julie! It is bright, but it looks awesome. It is always hard to get used to a new color...especially when they are complete oppostie colors. I think it looks awesome though!

We really need to paint here! ;0)

Deborah March said...

FABULOUS colour! I just know the card you create for Thursday's soiree will be spectacular, working in this inspiring space!! ;)

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the orange!

Diana Jiron Graff said...

Wow Julie! you will never leave that spot now! it looks great!