Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Laura!


This one is for my Sister-in-Law who's birthday is on Monday. Happy Birthday, Laura! Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

This is the card that I finished last night after some thought as to how I would finish it. I don't know what it is while I'm out with the girls for crafty night, but I never seem to get much done at all. I think it's just that I enjoy the chit chat and relaxation of being out and I'm not really concerned with what I'm making or not concentrating, just having fun. I did change a few aspects of this card and I'm happier with it now.

Well, today was a busy day of running around and then we came home just in time for one of my daughters friends to come over for a playdate this afternoon. Wow, they were loud and crazy but they had a good time. While they were playing I got the new oak trim for my porch stained and it's drying now. We should be able to nail it up tonight. It's slowly getting close to being done!

I thought I would share a little visitor that we had when I was taking home the little girl that was here for a playdate. This duck walked all the way up my street, then came into my yard and hung out for a bit. A little stopover, I guess. :)
OK, gotta get the girls off to bed and then go get groceries. Hopefully after I get home I'll get in some crafty time if it's not too late.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: 'Happy Birthday' - Flower Garden - Vol. 2 N0. 22 (PaperTrey Ink), Birthday Present (Studio G)
Patterned Paper: Classic K - McKenna (K & Company)
Cardstock: Light Mauve (Bazzill), Purely Pomegranate (SU), Cream (Staples)
Ink: Purely Pomegranate (SU)

Tools: Corner Rounder, 1/16" hole punch (Fiskars), 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" Circle Punches (Creative Memories), Sponge (SU)
Embellishments: Pink Bling, Gold String

No comments: