Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brandy!


I made this card tonight to send to my best friend, Brandy, for her birthday next week. She got posted out West last year and I miss her dearly. We used to spend so much time together and talked on the phone all the time, but now that there's 3 hours time difference between us, it seems to be more difficult to stay in touch. I wish I could hop a plane and fly out to see her in Edmonton, but the timing just isn't right at the moment, nor is my pocketbook for the ticket. :( Anyway, I'm thinking of her and things will work out soon for me to go see her and her family.

As for the card, I really like this patterned paper from K & Company, but I find it hard to find a bluish-green to go with it. But, tonight I found this cardstock in my stash and it matches perfectly! The problem is I can't remember where I got it. Maybe at my local lss, but I don't think so. It's killing me, I need to know! I'm gonna have to go on an all out search now! lol :) I've also had these brads for ages and never used them, but I thought they looked kinda cute with the little flowers in the patterned paper with both being five-petaled flowers.

I decided to try something different with my photography tonight and use a black background. Does it look better? I think it makes the card stand out more. That's the idea, isn't it? lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:

Stamps: Flowers (Kolette Hall), 'Happy Birthday' (Studio G)

Cardstock: Red China Linen, Sage (?), Cream (Staples)
Patterned Paper: Wild Saffron (K & Company)
Ink: Onyx Black Archival (VersaFine)
Tools: Scissors, VersaMark
Embellishments: Red Grosgrain Ribbon (Michaels), Black Flower Brads (Making Memories)

No comments: