Thursday, August 28, 2008

Purse Book for Deborah's Challenge


I'm heading over to Deborah's house tonight and this is the purse book for the challenge that she devised for our group of friends for this get together. We always tend to have a theme for the night, make our card beforehand and bring it with us. We swap them out that night by drawing names. Just a little extra fun for the night. The challenge for this time was to make an interactive card with bling. I pondered for some time and then got to work. I tried to think of a fun idea for this one and one that the recipient could make their own. That's why I didn't add any quotes or text. I figured they could add their own depending on the pictures that they chose to insert in the pockets. Anyway, I hope they like their new purse book and have fun with it making it their own. :)

This is what the purse looks like when it's opened flat. You can see in the next pic how you can pull out the little photo inserts that hide in the pockets behind the larger squares. You use the tabs where you see the green bling peeking out.

This view shows the back of the purse when it's closed. I traced the light pink for the purse flap using a card envelop that my daughter found among my stash. It's a red envelop and I can't remember for the life of me where I got it. I can't even remember ever seeing it before, but I'm glad she found it! I love the shape of the flap and I just traced it and then turned the pattern around and repeated the pattern to make a diamond shape. Genius, eh? lol :)

This is the photo insert from one of the sleeves. I made two of these that are identical. One comes out of each pocket in the front and back of the purse book.

This is the photo insert with a photo added to show you. I left a little opening at the top to slide the photo in to. That's my little Natalia when she was about 18 months old. I love this pic with her big brown eyes. :)

I have to credit the idea for this purse book to Jan Tinklenberg of the blog Stamps, Paper, Scissors. She does absolute beautiful work, does up wonderful tutorials and is simply hilarious! She's a very creative gal and has a such a kind heart. When I'm reading her blog I catch myself laughing out loud at what she writes, it's such good therapy for the soul! Check out her blog if you haven't already, but be prepared, you're gonna be there for a while! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps:
Cardstock: Plum, Chocolate and Celery (Bazzill), Perfect Plum and Fushia (Double Mates), Light Pink (CRS)
Patterned Paper: Grape Damask (Déjà Views), Plum Blossoms (Déjà Views)

Tools: 2 - White 5 1/2" Square Envelop for insert sleeves, Cuttlebug, Textile Texture Embossing Folder, Circle Custom Cutting System (Creative Memories), Photo Corner Punch (SU)

Embellishments: Plum and Pink Satiny Ribbon - Dashes Dots and Checks (Michaels)

2 comments:

Deborah March said...

OH
MY
GOODNESS

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Julie...so much MORE so in real life!

WOW!!

Tracy.H said...

Wow! This looks amazing, Julie! I might have to give one of these a try...one of these days. ;0)