Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hello Friend

We got to meet up with my friend from Ontario last night and had a great night at the Natal Day Fireworks - it was one of the best fireworks displays I think I've seen yet! Lots of big ones, pretty colours and some different ones I've never seen before. A great time overall. The kids were pretty sleepy on the way home and fell asleep in the car, hurray for me, just had to scoop them and put them in bed. lol :)

My friend came over to our house this morning and all the kids had a great time playing, just like the old days when they used to play together all the time. It's hard to believe that it's been two years since they've seen each other, (before we moved back home to Nova Scotia from Ontario) they act like they been together all along. They played wonderfully and we got to chat and hang out and relax.The kids were still a bit wound up after left left a couple of hours ago, so I decided try to settle them down and have some crafty time with them. This is the card that I made while they made their cards. This is some patterned paper that I bought at Wal-Mart a few days ago and I think it's so pretty. I'm still amazed at the deal that I got. The whole slab of 36 double-sided sheets was only $9.97 - as apposed to it being nearly 3 times that price at Michaels! A screamin' deal, for sure! lol :)

Here's the K & Company paper slab that I got and I also for the Autumn Leaves - Stampology stamps pictured here for only $3.97!

Such great deals! It's been a little while since I've ventured into the crafty section of Wal-Mart, but they carry so much more than they used to. They have a ton of Martha Stewart products now, Cuttlebug folders and lots of new stamps and patterned paper! It's nice to see as I've been rather unimpressed with the whole attitude that Michaels has had lately with their coupons. Is it just me, or does everyone else just wish they'd make up their mind already! lol :) I've been boycotting them lately, although I'm sure I'll likely break down and venture in again sometime in the future...

Well, enough ranting...gotta go reheat supper and then get the kiddies off to bed since last night was a very late night. I'll be back later tonight with something else to show you.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:

Stamps: Bird on Branch (Inkadinkado), 'Hello Friend' - Sparkle Clear Love That (Hero Arts), Two Scoops/Swirlie (Basic Grey)
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava (SU), Cream (Staples)
Ink: Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa (SU)
Patterned Paper: Classic K - McKenna (K & Company)

Tools:
Double-sided adhesive
Embellishments: Dots, Dashes and Swirls Ribbon (Michaels)

No comments: