Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thinking of You


I was asked to make a card to take with us tomorrow night for a get together we're having with a group that Jim is a member of. The group all wanted to sign the card to give to another one the members who has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer. She is a very kind person and it's with sadness that she'll be leaving this world, but she'll be remembered always. I wanted to make a card that was a 'thinking of you' card, since that's what we're all doing. We're not saying goodbye, we just want to let her know that she's in our thoughts right now.

I can remember one day while I was at work Jim had to go to meet with her zone to check on some things, but he had our girls in tow. When he got there she immediately took it upon herself to entertain them with an origami craft while he got done what he needed to do. They enjoyed it so much and talked about it for days afterwards. That really touched me that she took the time to do that for them. They had such kind words to say of her, I'll remember that always.



Supplies:
Stamps: 'flower' - Embrace Life (SU), 'thinking of you' - Clear Stamps (Studio G - Michaels)
WaterColour Crayons: Regal Rose (SU)
Ink: Purely Pomegranate (SU)
Cardstock: White Vellum Cardstock (SU), White Linen (CRS), Purely Pomegranate (SU)
, Light Pink (Bazzill)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Textile Texture Embossing Folder, 1/8" Dimensional Squares, White Opaque Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Embossing Tray, Paint Brush, Heat Tool

Embellishments: Light Pink Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon (Michaels), Light Pink Brads (Making Memories)

**Edited to Add**
Yvonne asked me what I used to attach the vellum to the card. I actually just used my double-sided adhesive tape in behind the saying and the layered square that has the flowers attached to it. I like to try to hide my adhesive in behind things as I've tried many of the 'so-called' vellum adhesives and I find that you can still see them. For the 'thinking of you' saying, I added the adhesive in behind the flourishes under the saying to camouflage it. Hope this helps. :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful Julie, and I am so sorry to hear about your friend.....

Yvonne said...

Love your card! So soft. What did you use to attach the vellum?

QuiltNut Creations said...

absolutely stunning!

so sorry about your friend