Sunday, May 31, 2009

Faux Brayering Technique


This is a card that I CASE'd off my friend, Yvonne Balmer. Thanks for the idea, Yvonne! I was chatting with her about this card that I was asked to make for another co-worker of mine. The card was supposed to take care of three occasions. The wife's birthday, the husband and wife's anniversary and thirdly the husband's birthday which all happen a few days apart. I'm honored that she asked me, but you can see my challenge with coming up with a sketch idea. I said, so you don't want anything too frilly or girly looking and my co-worker said that it really didn't matter if it was, that he wouldn't mind. So, here goes. I hope they like it! :)

Here's an angle to show the dimension of the card.
I love this Serengetti tree stamp by Stampendous and I think it gives a masculine look to the card and the colours and scalloped diamond edge give it more daintiness. For a faux brayered technique, I used a sponge dauber with inks to apply the different background layers for the tree image. Go lightly at first with your daubers and apply more ink until you reach the desired look you want.

Ok, it's nearly midnight, time to call it a day. I'll be back tomorrow with more cards to show you.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Serengetti Tree (Stampendous)

Cardstock: China Red Linen (CRS), Flat Black (CRS), Groovy Guava (SU), Ivory (Staples) Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko), Certainly Celery (SU), Barely Banana (SU), Apricot Appeal (SU), Cameo Coral (SU), Mellow Moss (SU)
Tools: Scallop Diamond Punch (EK Success), Sponge Daubers (SU), 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Midnight Black Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Embossing Buddy (SU), Embossing Tray, Paper Piercer, Piercing Mat, Piercing Guide (Creative Memories)
Embellishments: Gradient Red Ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Love this one, Julie. Love the image and your brayered background turned out great! :0)