Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I made two of these Mother's Day cards last night. One for my Mom and one for my Mother-in-Law. I also have a few more to make, but I'll use a different sketch and different papers. I've been asked by some friends and some of the gals I work with if I'd make them each a Mother's Day card to give to their Mom's. So, I'll have a few more to post in the next couple of days.

I used my Textile Texture folder to add a little extra to the photo corners which I free-hand cut out myself. I simply cut out a 1 1/2" square and then used my small guillotine cutter to cut the square in half to make two triangles. Then, I used my scissors to cut out a smaller triangle from the inside of the longest side. Clear as mud? lol :)

Here's an angle shot to show you the dimension of the card.
I used the Mojo44 sketch for this card, changing it up a bit. Ya gotta love Julee's Mojo Monday Sketches! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Mother's Day 97966 G (Inkadinkado), Butterfly - Amy Butler Lotus Floral Stamps (K&Company)

Cardstock: Pink Pirouette (SU), Rose (Creative Memories)
Patterned Paper: Vines and Flowers - Rose Coloured Glasses Collection (GCD Studios), Droopy Vines - Rose Coloured Glasses Collection (GCD Studios)
Ink: Purely Pomegranate (SU)

Tools: 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Scissors, Cuttlebug, Textile Texture Embossing Folder

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful Julie! I have always loved this sketch too. :0)